LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MADHUSUDAN G R (Advocate)     23 May 2015

Absence of family court

Can  Mutual Consent for Divorce be filed in a civil court, in case there is no Family Court in the said town?


 3 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     23 May 2015

in my opinion there will be some other alternative as said by you like civil court were the family matters will be assigned to particular judge who look after civil matter also

in which town it is

Suneet Gupta (www.vashiadvocates.com)     26 May 2015

The Family Court is an alternative to the Civil Court. If there is no designated Family Court having jurisdiction in the area of residence of the wife or husbad, the Divorce Petition is to be filed in the Civil Court having jurisdiction over the place of residence of the husband or wife.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     26 May 2015

In India, there are several districts where family courts have not been set up.  The Addl. District Judge is conferred the power to adjudicate the disputes under Hindu Marriage Act which includes Mutual Consent Divorce.  You can file your petitioners there in the concerned ADJ court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register