LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anirudh (NA)     24 June 2013

Absconded from the organization

I have joined an organinzation and prior joining while discussing the offer with HR they told me that they do have their office near to my residence and after sometime I can work from that place but this discussion was not on papers. I worked there for 3 months and during that tenure I had travelled onsite, after coming back they didn't transfer me to the place near to my residence and daily I had to travel 5 hrs. I raised my concern to the HR department and my project head that I can't travel much but they didn't do any thing on that.

After 3 months I absconded and at that time I dropped an email to my manager, my SVP, my project HR and my team mates that I am discontinuing my services from so and so day, and I am not resigning I am absconding so that nobody should contact me from my official ID but not from personal ID. I don't know whether my manager informed this to the exit team or not. Now, I am continuesly receiving letters from the company which mentions says that as I didn't complete my notice period I need to give them a very big amount, initially I ignored those letters but now I got a letter from an associate that If I didn't respond with in 15 days he can take a criminal and civil legal action against me.

Please suggest me what to do now.


 1 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     24 June 2013

It is not correct to leave the office without information.  I suggest you to inform your HR Manager or your Reporting Officer about your travel difficulties.  Since you say that you are receiving letters on legal action being taken against you, I suggest you to take the assistance of any lawyer from your locality or you yourself can meet your HR manager and settle the issue peacefully.


My best wishes.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query