LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (owener)     30 September 2014

About will

My father died 2years before,in 2010 he had written a will for his property in a plain paper,duely signed by 3 witness,but not registered.i am his only son. my mom is alive,in the will he quates after his death my mum can enjoy all the property after hers,for me. i had 2 what can ido with this will? 


 4 Replies

Ms Dimple (Lawyer)     30 September 2014

If possible, call me at 8557065093

Ms Dimple (Lawyer)     30 September 2014

If possible, call me at 8557065093

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 September 2014

Registion is not mandatory for the will.  If it is self acquired property then you cannot do anything. Your mother will be absolute owner on the basis of the will.

If it is ancestral property then your father had no right to bequeth the entire properties in the name of your mother.  You and your sister can claim your share.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 September 2014

If sisters are not accepting the WILL /WILL is being contested get it probated.

While the witnesses are also alive and not hostile it shall be probated.

Once probated you shall have no problems.


Or if your sister are willing they can also, willingly, relinquish their rights in your favor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query