LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Baddapuri Saikumar   24 February 2022

about property rights for women

if parents are alive and they don't wanted to give their property to daughter and they only wanted to give son. is it possible? without daughter permission


 7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 February 2022

If parents acquired the property with their earnings or secured their share through partition in an individual capacity, they have every right to transfer the property in the name they wish.

Baddapuri Saikumar   25 February 2022

what if property belong to grandparents??

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 February 2022

Please post avoid posting facts in instalments. Any meaningful posting requires that complete facts be posted.

Palak batra   25 February 2022

Dear Querist,


If the property is self acquired and individual in nature then it’s their discretion to whom they want to pass on their property. If it was an ancestral land then the daughter could have asked for her share in it as daughters are also the coparceners in the ancestral property. There’s no need to have a daughter's permission while transferring the property to the son. 




Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     26 February 2022

Dear Querist

Daughters have equal rights in ancestral property as of sons. Ancestral property cannot be alienated by your father in derogation of your rights.

However, in case of self acquired property your father has every right to transfer the same to any person he may like.

Mohit Chahal
District & Sessions Court, Hisar
Phone No. 9968911099



Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 February 2022

Very well analysed by experts, I concur.

Show the title documents to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts and professional advise without making any presumption as made by experts.

Palak batra   26 February 2022

Dear Querist,


One can transfer the property under gift deed, Under section 122 of the Act, transfer of immovable property through registered gift deed. The immoveable property is transferred voluntarily without any consideration. To make the transfer valid it is mandatory to register a gift deed with the sub-registrar as per section 17 of the Registration Act, 1908, and section 123 of the Transfer of Property Act. A donor does not have the right to revoke or cancel the registered deed at a later stage unless there is a specific clause mentioned in the deed.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register