LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anup neshti (marine engineer)     18 March 2013

About forgery complaint procedure

my uncle has forged my fathers signature on a property which is on both my father and my uncle's name to rent it to a company since many years. we have recently learnt about this incident and have filed a complaint on 7th february 2013. but the FIR is yet not registered by the police. all the attempts and pressures for compromise by many parties have failed as we are not intrested in compromise.

now the police says we need to produce the 7/12 records from the municipal office stating that the property belongs to both of them. our stand is, we are ready to produce that record, but why didnt the police inform us since past 1.5 months? and when my father's  signature has been forged on a stamp paper, doesnt the case stand, anyways? how can anyone use my fathers signature just like that?
 what can we do in this case?


 3 Replies

jitendra yadav (ADVOCATE)     18 March 2013

you have two option either you file petition praying u/s 156(3) to the magistrate court or approach high court through writ petition for directing concern police stn to take FIR
1 Like

anup neshti (marine engineer)     08 December 2013

We had to file Private Complaint. the case was presented into the JMF Court, nipani, karnataka. the court has asked the police to investigate the case & submit the report along with the original document. Now its been 4 months, and the police have still not obtained the original rental agreement from the company that the place was hired to. on asking everytime, the police say that the reminder has been sent to the company & that they are not responding. 

kindly suggest what are our powers to push the procedure ahead. we are thinking about RTI application regarding the case progress.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     08 December 2013

in your complaint the magistrate fix any date for filing status report if you filed the complaint u/s 156(3) of crpc. on that date approach the court to pass direction to police to registered the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads