About divorced wife

Hello friends My friend got decree of divorce in 2001. Since then divorced wife is with her parents.she is issueless. Friend has two siblings from next marriage and family is settled well now. Parents n relatives of his ex wife are requesting now to keep her (ex wife) with him now. Lady is also willing to live with her ex husband n his new wife n siblings. Even today she consider him her husband. She is in apologising mood n wants to live in husbands family. Is ?his pissible ?????
Logical and Legal Advisor at Family Court

Wah beta, divorce bhi karli, aur woh vapas aana bhi chahti he?  If you simply keep her with you she will be your keep, ie it will be live in relationship.  If you want to keep her, marry her again and then keep her with you, under PWDVA 2005, even if you dont marry her again, and just keep her with you, she can claim allimonni from you and if you dont pay, you can go to jail.


What I would suggest is, better ask her to find someone else, once it has not worked, will you be able to come out of it again?


Tell ur friend that she is no more wife, and if at all  she wishes to be with him & with his new family she can be a third person or as a unpaid servant provided she has to give a undertaking letter on a stamp paper with proper witness, stating that she is no more a wife either or a living in person and has no relationship in anykind, further she will not make / claim any claims what so ever either during your friend`s life time or afterwards. And also make sure that she does not  haveany legal identity with ur friend or friend`s present familyin any forms( like ration card,voter id,adhar ect.,).. this is considered mainly on her apologising mood ur friend` sympathatic consideration with permission of the new family and also ensure it should have adverse effect on the entire family.


kindlyisert NO.  And read as it should hav NO adverse effect on the entire family


tell you friend not to sail in two boats it will ruin his life.

Tell your friend to File order 39 rule 1 & 2 cpc, let he obtain injunction order against her & her relatives. After that she may live with him as his concubine. Legally she can't do anything against him even if he rape her.

Dear Pramod, Your friend has a family now. Let him respect that relationship and move forward. The previous late can cause serious damage to existing relationships of his with wife and children. When his 1st wife is divorced why can't she move ahead.

2015 - 2001 = 14 Years...now she wants to rejoin????? for what??? and you are thinking about it...


What is his legally married wife is thinking about this new proposal?  Is it a matter between him and his ex-wife and  is there no role to the present wife?  In which world we are living?  If the ex-wife is in financial distress, as she has not married, she can file maintenance case and get it.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x