LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

subhnandan (business man)     25 January 2016

A property in house wife's name

A land in my wife's name It was purchased by her fathers money ,I am a govt servent and I construction a building on said land by my own earning and take bank loan now when I filed a partition suit on my father's property now my other brothers demand that is also a joint property which is my wife's name Can it treated as a joint property.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     25 January 2016

No. If the property is in the name of your wife then that property is not a subject to the partition of your father's property.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 January 2016

You have posted that:

"

A land in my wife's name It was purchased by her fathers money ,I am a govt servent and I construction a building on said land by my own earning and take bank loan now when I filed a partition suit on my father's property now my other brothers demand that is also a joint property which is my wife's name Can it treated as a joint property.

"

There seems to be an error in draft of query.

You are referring to partition of her father's proeprty and objection by her brothers of your father's property and objection by your brothers?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 January 2016

whatever it is the property is to be considered as the self aquired property of your wife.so noone can lay claim over it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register