LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     17 June 2011

A fresh attack on former CJI

https://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/kgb-was-approachable-to-fix-judgements_713269.html

above is the link which presents fresh controversy qua the former CJI, KG Balkrishnan.

he is being attacked from judiciary itself, I think its high time that President of India should seek resignation even from those judges who were appointed during his tenure as he remained in the colegium and approved many for the post of HC judge.

Learning

6 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     17 June 2011

I agree with what you are saying. But the state of affairs that is going on is pathetic beyond our imagination. Also why would President act the way you want? The President was appointed with whose blessings? One former President wanted to write his autobioghraphy but unfortunately his car got hit by a truck in road accident and he died.

ya you are right afterall these posts are totally political.

I think you are talking of Giani Zail Singh former president of India who died in road accident.....he remained CM of Punjab also.

Basanta Kumar Misra (Retired Industrial Consultant)     17 June 2011

I feel there is truth in Justice Shamsudin's allegation. When Sri Balakrihna was the CJI most of the judges appointed

in High Courts and SC were with controversy. In May 2008, I made petition to the CJI Sri Balakrishna, to issue

permission to move a contempt proceeding and prosecute a CJ of a High Court, which was deliberately supressed

by Sri Balakrishna and another Judge of the SC, who is given  another posting after retirement, only to elevate the

HC CJ to SC. superseding another CJ of a HC. It was unprecedented that, Sri Balakrihna could get the appointments

of the Judges in SC directly from the President. What interest he had in such appointments?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 June 2011

It is for valid reasons that on behalf of citizens, activists like Anna are demanding the highest offices and the persons occupying chair of authority be brought under lokpal bill and powers be given to initiate and conclude the cases.

It is for understandable reason that the political parties and those in power are showing tantrums and opposing the draft. It is this country where person in chair can give logic that if all are booked who shall govern.

Whereas the logic is that if all those who are corrupt are shunted out, only those who are honest and hence capable of governance shall remain.

Atte me namak swad lagta hai, namak me atta nahin.

(Salt in flour makes it tasty, flour in salt does not)

Let us support the movement......

Democratic Indian (n/a)     17 June 2011

Originally posted by :Kiran Kumar
" ya you are right afterall these posts are totally political.

I think you are talking of Giani Zail Singh former president of India who died in road accident.....he remained CM of Punjab also.
"

Yes talking about Zail Singh. It is well known that he was the henchman of Indira Gandhi and Sanjay Gandhi in matters related to Punjab politics. Even congressmen were privately admitting that demands of Akalis are legitimate and justified. But as usual Indira Gandhi and Sanjay Gandhi could not tolerate opposition in democratic manner and dispatched Zail Singh to prop up Bhindranwale to defeat Akalis. A former director of IB has written in his book that government intelligence agencies had sent weapons hidden in fruit baskets to militants in Golden Temple. There was also a report in Tehelka.com that pointed Kanishka airplane bombing to be brainchild of government intelligence agencies and those who knew about it were killed in fake encounters. As you can understand Zail Singh writing his autobiography to throw out skeletons from the cupboard was something undesirable.................bad luck met with road accident...............probably you can understand his misfortune!

yes Congress played its worst to prop up militancy in the State of Punjab.

those were really bad days in fact horrible....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register