LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subrata (Consultant)     20 May 2014

Wrong designation or position issue

I am working in a reputed IT MNC. When I joined there 10 months back I have been given a position of Technical Team Lead(mentioned in my offer letter). But in the system (internal portal) it shows as Application Developer. Last month I have resigned from my position and asked my manager to correct it(as it will reflect in my release letter) but he is not ready to do that. They are verbally (my manager and senior manager both) telling me that as you did not need to play a Technical Team Lead role so we cannot give you that position id and name.

In this 10 months period I did not get any promotion or demotion officially. What my Senior Manager is saying now is Offer Letter and Experience certificate are different. What she exactly told was as follows "one says what role you are being offered and one says what you have performed. you might join an org as a Senior Technical Consulant but perform a PM role. so experience /relieving letter from XXX will say PM"

Can anyone please tell me is this a right thing what this organization is doing.

Thanks in advance.

Shagnik

Learning

4 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     20 May 2014

I do not buy companys argument,But these things should have been addressed in the beginning it self, now it is too late to take a call on this, as you are no more in that organisation.

Subrata (Consultant)     20 May 2014

I am still in the organization. But the problem is my managers are not agreed to change the position according to my Offer Letter. Can I take legal action after I leave the organization??

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2014

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=102556&offset=1#.U3uAqXb5ugA

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2014

The designation in internal portal does not matter.

The designation in appointment letter ( that you are referring as offer letter) has to be mentioned in Service Certificate, experience letter.

Submit a representation addressed to appointing authority, MD by attaching the copy of appointment letter, experience letter and demand to supply you the correct one by redg. post under original seal and signature of the competent employee of the company. You may add that postage prepaid self addressed envelope is attached.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register