What remedy to widow if harassed by in-laws

Learning to share

Husband expired.

Husband's Mother, Sister, brother took control of all her husband properties and threatening wife to relinquish her right on property and doing emotional blackmailing, she was thrown out of house next day after her husband's death. Now she is living seperately with her children from 2005. Tried to settle matter amicabily through elders and even through legal services adalat. All trials failed. In this  genuine case,

What are the remedies available to her through law?

Practicing Advocate

Depending upon the nature of the properties the widow can file a suit for partition for herself and her children to seek get their shares seperated.

Total likes : 1 times


I think she can fill a case for women hareshment.


Here, in this case Archana's opinion is considerable.  But as per my opinion it is not advisable to file a suit s*xual harassment.  However, if there was something like that then it had to be included in the first trial which she had initiated in court. Now, she has only a way to chllenge the verdict of the adalat she has acquired in higher court.

with regards


Originally posted by : Vanshaj

I think she can fill a case for s*xual hareshment.

What advice you are offering?If there is no such harrassment then why should she do so?



you can file suit for partition for yourself and for your chidren

2. if they are causing any harm, harrashment , you can file a criminal complaint with police station, in case police is not taking action approached to court





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x