university denied to give noc to apply in other university

Research Scholar

Dear Sir/ Madam, I am working at an university (central govt) with grade pay level 10 for the last one and half year. Now due to my family reasons I had to apply to another university but for the same grade pay (Level 10). Regarding this I asked for a NOC to my university which was rejected by the authority (higher level) and they straightforward denied to issue the NOC. Although, I have sent an advance copy of my application to the future university but I need to produce it at the time of interview if I called for that. Now I have these questions: 1) Has the university any right to deny for giving a NOC to a permanent central government employee if s/he wants to move in other university? 2) My university will provide a intimation letter against my application that may state that "the NOC application was rejected", If I get so, may I produce this letter at the time of interview? 3)What legal steps I may take to get the NOC from my university? Even if I don't succeed in getting the NOC, how I can appear in the interview if called for? Thanks in advance

Deputy Manager

A simple funda is that NOC cannot be given to you, because both the grades are same.


If the pay in the other university to which you apply is more than the present one.why not you think of getting relieved from the present post instead of NOC  since the service protection will not be affected for terminal benefits ?

Deputy Manager

He would not be interviewed without NOC from his present employing university. And btw, it is not the consideration of pay for the NOC but it may have been provided to him, if he had applied in the upper grade. Showing his NOC rejection letter wouldn't help him either.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x