Summon for DV case for NRI

Summon for DV case from district court was sent to my parents house but I live abroad hence my parent didnt accept DV summon based on lawyer inputs. Now will district court try to summon me on my foreign address or issue a bailable warrant for me to appear in front of court by a fixed date? What is common practice? For 498a FIR, how local police authority make/force NRIs to join in investigation immidiately ? What if in case NRI not able to travel/take vacation from work immediately? Look out circular a possibility? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Your lawyer has I'll advised your parents to not to receive the summons in your name since you are non resident in India, but an Indian national, accused in 498 a. Now, the court may issue NBW against you that the moment you arrive in India, could be arrested (after the immigration or) during your stay in India. Don't try to fight with the Court in a foolish manner, instead send an application (attested by the Indian consulate in your resident country) to the concerned court with apology, to give another date for your appearance. Come and appear in the court accordingly. However LOC may not be issued against you. I can give you long lecture on this topic but have no time to spare for the people who disrespect our Indian courts.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu