Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prem kumar (business)     20 May 2012

Suggestion needed - plz do reply immediately

My advocate filed two applications under order 6 rule 16 of CPC  as follows,

I submit that the plaintiff has mentioned about a lease deed stated to have been entered into between him and the defendants. But no such lease deed has been marked as exhibit. Therefore allowing the pleadings based on this alleged document not on record of this case to remain as part of the plaint, may be having the effect of the unnecessary material before this honorable court. Such pleadings also may tend to prejudice the trail of the suit. It would also amount to abuse of the process of the court.

In an other application my advocate mentioned as follows,

Allowing the evidence of the PW-1 based on this alleged documents not on record of this case, to remain as part of the affidavit in chief examination, may be having the effect of having unnecessary material before this honorable court. Such un-corroborated evidence also may tend to prejudice the trial of the suit. It would also amount to abuse the process of the court.  

Therefore strike off some portions in pleadings and also portion of evidence in the evidence of PW-1 as mentioned. But both applications were dismissed by sessions court giving the reason as follows,

Order 6 Rule 16 of CPC applies only to the pleadings and not for evidence in this case, the plaintiff has already closed his side evidence long back.

And also said defendant has contended that the pleadings in some portion is in the nature of argument, and not the material facts and the alleged lease deed was not at all marked by the plaintiff and hence no prejudice would  be caused to the plaintiff, if these applications are allowed.

And also said in the dismissed order as follows,

Order 6 Rule 16 of CPC contemplates that court may strike out the matter any pleadings if it,

a)      Is unnecessary, scandalous, fribolous, or vexatious.

b)      Tends to prejudice, embarrass or delay the fair trial of the suit.

And also said when the evidence of the plaintiff’s side is over without addusing  the evidence, on his behalf the defendant has continued his habit of filing such applications which are not maintainable at all. It is also to be noted that the honorable high court is fixing the time limit for the disposal of this case.

My question is, and to the best of my knowledge, proper reason has not mentioned to dismiss the application. Therefore I humbly request you to suggest me  if I file WP (writ petition) in high court what will happen? Can I get any justice in High court by getting a stay order? Please reply and also note the underlined points given by the sessions court.

Learning

1 Replies

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     20 May 2012

YOur advocate seems to be interested in rebutting the case of plaintiff by way of raising technical points rather than directly addressing the issues mentioned in the plaint/suit.  He should rebut the claims/averments in plaint/suit and produce defence evidence if any which helps in the cause of defence case.  I think court had given valid reasons only.  Let him be in the job of addressing the issues raised by the plaintiff through a written statement/if written statement is already submitted through a rejoinder.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register