succession act

My mother has a bank account & she had not nominated anyone. She expired suddenly. The bank has been informed about it & a request was put to transfer the amount in my father's account. Is succession certificate required in this matter ?

My mother has a plot of land with a house for which she had taken loan from a bank for construction of the same. I am the co applicant for the loan as without me being the co applicant, she was not eligable for the loan as she had retired from service. My father wants the property to be transferred to my name. How do I go about it. My mother has not left any will.

Kindly help.


For bank account, the bank may agree to transfer the money based on an application by both the son and the father and a indemnity. For house property, both may jointly apply for a succession certificate, 1st application the son and the 2nd applicant , consenting for transfer of the property in son's name. As far the bank loan, the co-applicant has to pay back the loan.



professional Advocate

it is advicable that to avoid any kind of complication either in present or in future, regarding the property of your mother, get the succession certificate for all the movable and immovable assets showed in the name of your mother.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu