Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod (executive)     12 October 2010

Streedhan

Dear All,

My wife regularly demand for the jewellery given as streedhan to her. And I have put a condition of receipt against it. But neither my wife or my in-laws are ready to provide the receipt. I really don't trust them. They are very greedy person and after my money.

Please suggest some way how can I return the streedhan after acknowledging the same. My sister's marriage is due in next month and in-laws and wife are putting pressure for the same.

Isn't there any law where husband wants to return the articles but wife is not accepting and not providing the receipt against it.

Learning

13 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     12 October 2010

Insisting them to give in writing that they have received the streedhan. You can also give it to them in the presence of some respectable independent persons of your city, so that if tomorrow they say that you have not returned the streedhan, then these people can testify in your favour.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     12 October 2010

Originally posted by :Vinod
"
Isn't there any law where husband wants to return the articles but wife is not accepting and not providing the receipt against it.
"

There is no any legal provision as to this.

Vinod (executive)     12 October 2010

Really thankful for your reply..They are putting pressure for the return and it seems that wife is not ready to maintain the relation further. Also my sister's marriage is due next month and wife doesn't want to be present in the marriage just to create a drama in front of the society..I have not objected for returning the articles but put a condition that bring 2-3 people from your side and i will also bring 2-3 people from my side and return the things in their presence but they are ready for this thing and also don't want to provide any receipt..m really tense and don't know what is other way round..

Self service (None)     12 October 2010

Better first ask list of all artciles in written they are demanding, if you are agree with list prepare a deed and ask them to sign this should be some thing like MOU you are agree to return listed articles and they are agree to accept unconditional without further objection on xyz date.

Once paper work completed ask couple of ppl from your side and photographer, take photos of all in presence.

All above will help you in future issues if they dont give you list of articles or more then actual just refuse every thing saying you dont have any and first finish paper work before handing over.

(Guest)

Yes,you have to take a receipt  when you give stridhan.You said that But "neither my wife or my in-laws are ready to provide the receipt." Then dont give stridhan.

Follow Adv Archana advise as she said You can also give it to them in the presence of some respectable independent persons of your city, so that if tomorrow they say that you have not returned the streedhan, then these people can testify in your favour.

(Guest)
NEVER trust anybody. return stridhan only on written and signed receipt by wife and witnesses from both sides.

Vinod (executive)     13 October 2010

I am stucked for sister's marriage and for that only they are putting pressure on me..Their intention is not good thats why they are not providing any list/receipt of articles..they want to make a drama by non-presentation of Ghar ki lakshmi 'Bahu' in my sister's marriage and want to affect it by one reason or another..The jewellery is with my mother and we are living apart in a rented house..Is there any other way my mother can return the articles? Situation is that I want to return but they are accepting on my term of providing receipt...And they are concerned about the things as they are afraid that I will use the gold for my sister's marriage..Koi to solution hoga

I am stucked for sister's marriage and for that only they are putting pressure on me..Their intention is not good thats why they are not providing any list/receipt of articles..they want to make a drama by non-presentation of Ghar ki lakshmi 'Bahu' in my sister's marriage and want to affect it by one reason or another..The jewellery is with my mother and we are living apart in a rented house..Is there any other way my mother can return the articles? Situation is that I want to return but they are not accepting on my term of providing receipt...And they are concerned about the things as they are afraid that I will use the gold for my sister's marriage..Koi to solution hoga

please guide me...what to do...m really tense

(Guest)
whatever may be the reasons NEVER give stridhan back without the receipt signed by wife and witnesses from both sides. You would have to suffer more in future if you return stridhan without receipt... her bad intentions are very clear in this case...and if you give stridhan back without receipt, its not going to solve the problem but you would have to face a severe set back in future.

CAN APPLICATION BE MADE TO THE COURT UNDER SECTION 2 OF THE DOWRY PROHIBITION (MAINTENANCE OF LIST OF PRESENTS TO THE BRIDE AND BRIDEGROOM ) RULES, 1985 IF THE ANSWER IS YES, WHAT ARE THE COMPLICATIONS IF I TAKE THE MATTER TO THE COURT BECAUSE THE OTHER PARTY MAY LIE AND MAY GIVE FALSE LIST OF ARTICLES

(Guest)
As far a i know any such list should be prepared and signed by both parties and withesses from both sides after marriage. So, in this case it wouldn't be practical as wife wouldn't be willing to accept or sign it. why u bother abt court? just keeep stridhan in your custody and never give it back without signed receipt. be ready to face the consequences what ever it may be...anyway it would be less than what u would have to suffer if u give it back without receipt

Brother, you are very much right thats why i am not returning the things without the receipt...but it is very much sure that a quarrel will happen and the matter will go to the court for various criminal and other provisions..to avoid that later complications i want the list to be prepared which is genuine in nature because it is 200% guaranteed that when the matter go to police, they will provide a false and long list demanding HUUUUUUUGE money. It is sure brother that I have to suffer but I don't want my sick mother and sister to suffer..They are taking the benefit of my sister's marriage and pressurizing me a lot..they are also threatning me but right now am not able to take any action. Am just luking after various alternatives that I can do after my sister's marriage..Any relation cannot go forward on the point of gun..and they people are doing the same..the relation is without emotions and trust.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register