LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRAKASHCHANDRA MARU (lawyer)     25 January 2020

Stay of proceedings

Hello all learned, I am wife whose husband lodged divorce petition against me.The status of case is as here under stated. 1. That family suit is posted for cross examination of the petitioner from the side of opponent. 2. Mean while wife filled an application before high court to transfer petition from the court where husband lodged divorce petition to the at court where wife resides. 3. At side of wife given an application to stay of proceedings because wife has gone to high court for transfer the petition. 4. But court do not give adjournment and insist to proceed. 5. What should do to stay of proceedings in high court stage of case is notice to husband Regards Hello all learned, I am wife whose husband lodged divorce petition against me.The status of case is as here under stated. 1. That family suit is posted for cross examination of the petitioner from the side of opponent. 2. Mean while wife filled an application before high court to transfer petition from the court where husband lodged divorce petition to the at court where wife resides. 3. At side of wife given an application to stay of proceedings because wife has gone to high court for transfer the petition. 4. But court do not give adjournment and insist to proceed. 5. What should do to stay of proceedings in high court stage of case is notice to husband Regards Hello all learned, I am wife whose husband lodged divorce petition against me.The status of case is as here under stated. 1. That family suit is posted for cross examination of the petitioner from the side of opponent. 2. Mean while wife filled an application before high court to transfer petition from the court where husband lodged divorce petition to the at court where wife resides. 3. At side of wife given an application to stay of proceedings because wife has gone to high court for transfer the petition. 4. But court do not give adjournment and insist to proceed. 5. What should do to stay of proceedings in high court stage of case is notice to husband Regards

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     25 January 2020

1. the proceedings in the trial/family court won't stop until stay is granted,

2. you can press your lawyer to get the stay at earliest

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register