Single status certificate (no impediment) & newspaper public

Hi all, I am getting married in Barcelona, Spain. The Local Marriage authority "Registro Civil" requires 2 declarations from India, which are almost impossible to get here.

1. Single Status Certificate
2. Non-requirement of Newspaper Classified Publication for Marriage in Gujarat

I tried all options, local marriage registrar in India says we dont have such certificate and we cannot give you anything in writing that you are single. No Lawyers are ready to help on this case either.

Spanish authority also requires classified published in Newspaper, or a certificate which states that Newspaper publication is not required in Gujarat state as per Hindu Marriage Act. I dont want to get it published for personal reasons. No authority or lawyers are ready to give me a write-up saying Newspaper Classified is not required in Gujarat state for Marriage purpose.

Kindly help if you have any options. Most importantly the "Single Status Certificate"

Thank you for your attention and willingness to help.

Chirag Pandya


You can get a self declared affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.100/- declaring that you are not married and get it attested by first class judicial magistrate through advocates/employees working there.  You have to find out whether it meets the needs of the Spain authorities.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu