Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj   22 September 2015

Shall i register marriage or should i be single

Hi All,

I got marrried in march 1st week and both applied for us visa by march month end, mentioning as not married

After few months my visa got approved and her visa didnt, Now to go through stamping I shoud get my marriage register. Till yst I planned to apply marriage registartion but reading all the views on the internet I realised not to apply for marriage registration.

The reasons why i didnt want to register :-

1) My in-laws are creating lot of problems to me and the girls always support their parents even if the things are wrong from their side

2) Her parents have lots of intension to get money from us to file legal case or to file an fir. 

3) They always try or force me to change me as a person. Even if they slap me also they expect me to laugh

4) They never gave a minimum respect and the girl is like pet information to their parents

5) She is always try to support their parents even if her father come to hit me as well.

6) Now directly or in-driectly they are asking to get registered, but since to apply visa i thought I will register but I dont know what consequnces I need to face if I get my marriage registered.

7) If i dont register with the marriage not consider as legal

We are repesected in the society and my parents are really afraid about my life and they dont have peace from the day I got married

My in-laws never gave respect to me and my parents

Please help me whether I should get the marriage registered and apply in visa or should I mention as single in the visa without registering.

Learning

17 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 September 2015

registering or not registering the marriage doesnt make any difference regarding the apprehensions you have got and the marriage is considered to be legal only.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 September 2015

WHO TOLD YOU THAT BY NOT REGISTERING MARRIAGE YOU CAN DENY ITS ENFORCE ABILITY. MARRIAGE IS PERFECTLY BINDING EVEN NOW. THIS WAY YOU ARE JUST PROVING YOUR MALAFIDE INTENTION AND YOUR FRAUD OF DECLARING YOU SINGLE WILL PROVE EVERYTHING AGAINST YOU. YOU PARENTS WILL FACE FURTHER DENT ON THEIR PEACE. GO AHEAD.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 September 2015

DO NOT EVER BE UNDER MISCONCEPTION THAT "If i dont register with the marriage not consider as legal"

(Guest)

You need to file for divorce, if you feel that marriage is not worth it.  Living even a dog does, living with respect is not all can do, values are seen in great people and not roadside beggars.  Weigh your priorities, you can file for divorce if you dont wish to continue with marriage but am afraid it will be just waste of precious time and money, you might also end up in jail.  SO think and take a step.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     22 September 2015

Any wrong step from U would not lead U yo fly away to a different destination,but it could lead U into legal hurdles.

Ok,the episodes U have mentioned about UR inlaws are just onesided evidences and belong to Ur family,but do as per the suggestions of the legal experts and get the marriage registered for obtaining a visa along with UR wife.

There are many 498A victims here in the forum,who are not legal professionals,but always try to influence U negatively.

Nitin (marketting manager)     22 September 2015

Try to record all the conversations with your inlaws, have a smart phone in your hand, when ever you feel they are crossing their line[inlaws] record the conversation with out their notice

goahead register,nothing will happen to you if you have proofs of their harrasment ,could be form your wife or from your inlaws

Nitin

SuperHero (Manager)     22 September 2015

@Raj - Whether you want to take her to USA or not is the question?

You both are married, registration or not doesn't matter much.

Why didn't you mention that you got married while applying for Visa.

Now you got Visa and she didn't, Now she wants to apply as a depenedent???

Whether you want to continue this marriage or not?? Please have some clarity and do the rest.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 September 2015

Originally posted by : Gyan Prakash
You need to file for divorce, if you feel that marriage is not worth it.  Living even a dog does, living with respect is not all can do, values are seen in great people and not roadside beggars.  Weigh your priorities, you can file for divorce if you dont wish to continue with marriage but am afraid it will be just waste of precious time and money, you might also end up in jail.  SO think and take a step.

Agreeing with these views I will add that it is not that you no more want this marriage so file divorce, you should have valid reasons as well. An further the forthcoming Jail visit may be with/without family and whole your dreams of going abroad will come down.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 September 2015

Originally posted by : SAINATH DEVALLA
Any wrong step from U would not lead U yo fly away to a different destination,but it could lead U into legal hurdles.

Ok,the episodes U have mentioned about UR inlaws are just onesided evidences and belong to Ur family,but do as per the suggestions of the legal experts and get the marriage registered for obtaining a visa along with UR wife.

There are many 498A victims here in the forum,who are not legal professionals,but always try to influence U negatively.

Agreeing with above views, I will add reaction each sentence of you (for your benefit, if you are interested to be benefited) :- 1) My in-laws are creating lot of problems to me and the girls always support their parents even if the things are wrong from their side YOUR ASSERTION IS VAGUE. IT DOE SNTO SPECIFY WAS TO WHAT WAS TEH OCCASSION AND THEY WERE WRONG AND HOW YOU WERE RIGHT. THEY MAY BE HAVING A DIFFERENT STORY. 2) Her parents have lots of intension to get money from us to file legal case or to file an fir. WHO WILL BELIEVE THIS. YOUR BEHAVRIOUS SEEN FROM YOUR OWN DESCRITPION INDICATES THAT THERE IS VALID NEED FOR THEM TO FILE CASES AGAINST YOU AND THEY APPEAR TO BE GIVING YOU LONGER LEASE WHICH YOU DO NOT SEEN TO BE INTERESTED 3) They always try or force me to change me as a person. Even if they slap me also they expect me to laugh 4) They never gave a minimum respect and the girl is like pet information to their parents 5) She is always try to support their parents even if her father come to hit me as well. VAGUE EXPRESSION. 6) Now directly or in-driectly they are asking to get registered, but since to apply visa i thought I will register but I dont know what consequnces I need to face if I get my marriage registered. SO WHAT WRONG THEY ARE DOING BY EXPECTING YOU TO REGISTER MARRAIGE. YOUR CONDUCT ITSELF INDICATES THAT YOU ARE ABSTAINING FROM REGISTEREATION BECAUSE OF BEING UNDER FALSE NOTION THAT NON-REGISTERATION WILL MAKE YOU IMMUNE FROM CONSEQEUNCES RATHER YOU REFUSAL TO REGISTER WILL INVITE HARSHER CONSEQUENCES. 7) If i dont register with the marriage not consider as legal GOD KNOWS WHO TOLD YOU THIS We are repesected in the society and my parents are really afraid about my life and they dont have peace from the day I got married SO THAE WAY YOU ARE GOING AHEAD YOU WILL NO MORE BE RESPECTABLE IN SOCIETY. My in-laws never gave respect to me and my parents SO YOU ARE PLANNING THEM TO ACCOMPANY YOU TO JAIL WHERE YOU THINK THEY WILL BE RESPECTED. Please help me whether I should get the marriage registered and apply in visa or should I mention as single in the visa without registering. THIS FORUM DOES NOT SUPPORT/ADVISE A CRIME.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 September 2015

Rightly suggested by Adv Sudhirji

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     13 October 2015

Marriage with the consent of the elders of both the parties and performed in a traditiional way according to the customs prevailing do not require registration.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     13 October 2015

Registration may be useful but not mandatory as per the Indian Constitution.

raj   13 November 2015

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     13 November 2015

Except UR visa episode,UR query does not hold a legal issue.Its a family issue which should be settled indoors only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register