LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     08 March 2016

Risk of bail surety

Is there any risk involved beyond confiscation of surety amount, while being an Individual surety to bail out a nearby relative accused in substantial economic offence under section 420 ? Will I be held responsible or will it bring in any sort of legal obligation on me or will I be subject to any harassment by police if the accused doesn't submit himself to law, or will it affect my travelling abroad ? Thanks. 

Learning

3 Replies

KS Johal   08 March 2016

Yes there is a risk of confiscation of your travel documents. This is because you are the person who is the bail surely. This is the reason why it is bail surety. Yes you could get harassment by the police. This is because they will be in search of the person that they require.

KS Johal   08 March 2016

Re-typed got simple mistakes. Yes there is a risk of confiscation of your travel documents. This is because you are the person who is providing the bail surety. This is the reason why it is called bail surety. Yes you could get harassment by the police. This is because they will be in search of the person that they require provided this person has absconded.

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     08 March 2016

Ragahavender,

As Johal stated definitely there is a risk , You can get a notice issued to the accused whom you stood as suriety for under section 444 of the criminal procedure code for return of your suriety and upon service of notice to the acused he will be summoned before the court and there by you can with draw yourselves from standing as suriety to the accused there by he will arrange some one else as suriety.

SOLOMON RAJ

Advocate, High Courts of A.P. & T.S.   

Recipient of BHARAT GAURAV SAMMAN AWARD,2014,

Director, Justice League,

General Secretary,U.C.C ,State of Telangana,

Vice President, Minorities Right Forum,

Member, Advocates International,

National Joint Secretary, Christian Legal Assn. Of India

Indian Ombudsman, U.E. Of Unites states of America,

National Vice president , All Indian Christian's Council,

Email:rajcarey@yahoo.com, justiceleague367@yahoo.com

Ph:+91-9866545086.