LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gourang M Haldipur   26 March 2016

Reregistration of trust

I am the Vice President of an educational trust at Dharwad in Karnataka. It was registered as an educational trust in the year 1952 with the Assistant Charity Commissioner, Belgaum, Karnataka, under The Bombay Public Trust Act. The B.P.T. Act was repealed/abolished in Karnataka a few years ago. The new trust act brought into force by the Karnataka Government thereafter is applicable only to religious trusts and not to educational trusts. No separate act for educational trusts is enacted till today.

In the absence of any specific enactment,please advise and guide us under which Central Trust Act we need to re-register our educational trust and to which office we need to go to re-register our trust. And which office will be the controlling office for our trust.

Gourang.M. Haldipur

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Myself not from Karnataka , And this subject comes under Concurrent List of Seventh Schedule of Constitution , where both central and state can make law. Regarding Karntak State Law , I don't know neither I have Index of Karnatak State Law , So can not help in it

But regarding Central Law , After refering Index of Central Act , Following Acts  governing Trust I mentioned here with 

1) Charitable and Religious Trust Act 1920

2) Indian Trust Act 1882 (This is very imp. act for trust)

3) Official Trustee Act 1913

See I believe whatever organization etc. person runs, he should know very well whether he is advocate or not advocate to avoid mistakes. In my opinion you go to following website of Proffessional book Publishers , https://www.professionalbooks.in/

Get this Acts and read it once , This publisher publish Bare Act (Act which is passed by parliament ) So reading will give you proper insight of managing your organization legally. 
Indian Trust Act 1882 is very imp. act remaining two honestly not read but if you are buying you take it and see if any imp. thing related to you is there . Cost of this bare act is very less + Courier charges

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register