Regarding change of name

Respected sir,

My wife Sheela Kumari (old name) has adopted a new name 'Shalvi Sharma' recently. She is a govt. employee for last 5 years. She has completed the whole procedure ( Affidavit, Newspaper publication, Deed, Publication in Govt. Gazette) for this.

Her name has been changed with single new name in Adhar card, PAN card, Voter card, Ration card, Driving license.
In her academic certificates (board and university) "nee" is printed between new and old name i.e. Shalvi Sharma nee Sheela Kumari.

Now problem is that her department is also entering her name as "Shalvi Sharma nee Sheela Kumari" in her service record. We want only new name to be entered in service records. Is it mandatory to enter both name in service record or only new single name (Shalvi Sharma) can be entered ?

Kindly guide and clarify...

Pawanjeet Kashyap,
Distt. Mandi ,
Himachal Pradesh

It is the result of the foolishness of the clerks who have prepared the academic certificates, which even you all have ignored till now. The department has not appointed her on the basis of the Aadhar etc, but instead on her academic certificates/qualifications. So please get those academic certificates rectified from the boards and the university concerned.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu