LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R (Sr. manager)     28 December 2014

Property dispute

My father passed away recently in Mumbai. My mother granted me a general power of attorney.

Is a notice in the newspaper necessary to notify all concerned of this? Some parties might refuse to acknowledge individual communication from me or my mother regarding the power of attorney and hence refuse to recognize the power of attorney.

Regards,

Raj

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     28 December 2014

Dear, In case of POA nothing is required to be done .... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 December 2014

No need for publication of POA, you are granted authority by your mother for taking certain action or doing some work on her behalf, during her lifetime or revocation of POA, whichever is earlier. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2014

What is your worry about others concern? Why do you think about which is imaginary concept or an absurd hearsay information? The POA deed will contain recitals delegating powers to you to action behalf of the principal which is a legal document, if somebody will object means you are hiding the fact i.e., may be you have fabricated the document hence you are worried about the consequences if it is known at a later stage (?)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register