power of attorney to give flat on rent

I am the owner of a 1 BHK flat in Thane, Mumbai.
I wish to give the said flat on rent. since i have not found any tenant yet, and since i am scheduled to go out of India for a period of 4-5 months, i wish to be guided on the following :

1) can i give a power of attorney to my wife w.r.t to said flat ONLY to the extent that she can sign on my behalf on leave & licence or rental agreements ?
2) will any such PoA create her interest in the said property ?
3) what will be the procedure to revoke such a PoA if at all needed in the future ?

Thanks n Regards


Catty Women

No.it won't create any interest in her favor.



Dear Harsh sharma,

You can execute a special / specific power of attorney mentioning the period of your leave and reason for your non availability ( your case 4-5 months) , so that the instrument becomes invalid after that period.

You can always go back to the notary before who you had created the power of attorney and get it revoked which will be entered in his register.

IP Lawyer & Trademark Attorney

Dear Mr.Harsh Sharma,

Execute a special power of Attorney for your wife specified with the functions you prefer her to do in your absence.

Go before the Notary and ececute that on a Stamp Paper.

Give the period of time you want the Special Power of Attorney to be effective.

If at all you need to revoke the same you can make a local paper advertisement.


Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505

Dear Harsh,

I agree with Rajesh and Vish.



Rajiv Bhasin


Bhasin & Associates

9811210505, 9868635640


Please suggest how can i give power of attorney to my wife so that she can only give the house on rent and enjoy the monthly rent too. So that the rent erned through my house should not be considered undered my income and ultimately taxable through my account.

Please suggest.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x