"Laws on Sex Change; Need of the Hour"
Reason given on considering it as Phd topic:
1. Sex change is something, which has not received a public eye and has been far from any active debate in our country.
2. There is absence of any competent legislation on the same issue in our Country.
3. We have burgeoning transs*xual populations and their voice is always unheard of.
4. The scenario prevailing internationally is much different from the one prevailing in our country. Several countries have already enacted laws to regulate the issues concerning transs*xuals.
5. Respect in Media and legislative select committees you will receive as the only ‘Subject Expert’.
6. International exposure via conclaves and conference invitation read with talk shows vis-à-vis Indian context.
7. LGBT community in India have decent amount of money to pay to subject expert when they have brush with current law!
[8. Amount of controversy within it will generate if chosen as research topic J]