New dob registration and delete the old one

Hi there,


My dad recently found out that his DOB is not actually the year and date he thought it was (according to his school certificates). infact it was a year later after 55 years of carrying the same DOB. He got his original DOB from the municipality and also got the BC. The problem now he faces is his passport and all other documents are on the older certificate. Also last year he had requested for an issue of birth certificate from the courts and had arranged a witness to confirm his DOB which was the older one. and with the request from the court last year they issued him a new BC with the older date that was last year. But just this year he found out that his actual DOB is something else. now is there way to request the court to cancel the one they issued last year and get this original DOB on the records???

Also do we have to submit the request in the same city and court we initially applied??? or is it okay to go to any city in the same state we are in?? I ask this becoz there is some strike going on of all the lawyers in my city and I need this BC of his changed ASAP???





Strike perhaps is temporary for specific event.Consult lawyer with records on hand and proceed further,


You better take assistance of a local lawyer and decide about the next course of action in this regard.  In my opinion, the passport authorities do not insist on birth certificate for the people born before the 1989, so see what other practical problems due to this erroneous and hasty decisions made by you earlier.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu