LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kaushik (manager)     17 June 2010

Neighbours harasment

The following are the nuisances created by our neighbor. When asked they behave rudely, And if we ask the owner he say “Construct prison walls” all around our house.

Cleaning of Utensils

1) The wash areas are very close and adjacent to our bedrooms, which creates a lot of crackling, horrible noises while washing the utensils, this does not allow us to neither sleep or do our personal work, more over this sounds can kill us, like the sudden noises of the utensils throwing into the wash area, while we are asleep can cause, heart failure. The constant expose to this sounds throughout the day can cause mental illness (mental retard ness).We are constantly exposed to house work of four apartments.

Note: My father is a heart patient and undergone open heart surgery.

My mother is having a lever problem and been operated twice.

Washing of Clothes

1) The washing of clothes is another nuisance, the noise of water from an open tap into the bucket, and the hammering of cloths and most horrible noise is water from tap, falling into the bucket through a small opening of tap.

2) The clothes are washed at any time during the day, early morning to late night. And noisy washing machines are also put in the wash area.

Under Ground parking area (Cellar)

1) The parking is dug in the ground, may be 10 ft. This may cause danger to our building, I don’t know weather it is legal or not.

2) Here is another major problem, In this parking area there lives a so called watchman with his family of three children, he do not have a room in the parking, he live close to my compound wall and it is as if he is living in my bedroom, each and every word of their conversation is clearly audibile, as every body knows, how the labours shouts and yell. To be more precise it is like a fish market, the market is open through out day and night and not to forget when the watchman’s wife talks, it is audible to the complete colony, now u can imagine what happens when she shouts, it is an earth quake. As if this was not enough, the watchman and his wife has a big social circle of relatives and friends, probably more than a politician, now u can imagine the levels of noise and moreover the children of their social circle play with sticks, balls, so all the weird sounds. This is all day most of the days. This sound is accompanied with echoes.

3) Vehicular sounds of the vehicles getting into and out of the parking.

Other nuisances which I have been bearing and never complained.

1) Water Motor (pump), this is very close to my bedroom and starts early in the morning at 6 am, so I cannot sleep after that.

2) They have not constructed any compound wall of their own, they use ours.

3) Garbage throwing in our compound.

4) There is no privacy for us on our terrace because, there is an apartment and been rented, that being a sub standard appartemts,culture less people occupy and they stand in the balcony (wash area) and look upon us

Summary:

1) We have been bearing this nuisance from 7 years, now no more patience and our health have been very much deterioted.

2) Our lives in our house have been remote controlled by our neighbours. Because we cannot work in our room until they stop noise and give us the permission to work or sleep…….If we demand for permission then they say it their house and they can do anything and” go to hell”.(by tenants).And if we ask the owner he say “Construct prison walls” all around your house.

Can anybody solve my grievance, please…….

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

You will need to collect evidence of their harassment and go to the police. Sadly the way the system works is that the law is not very interested in your problem and it could go on for years with them getting warnings ,then they eventually get turfed out and the problem passes on to someone else.

Life is a learning experience its such difficult situations which make you strong.

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     17 June 2010

Dear Kaushik

I understand your problems.  Upon carefully perusing your query I am able to note that there is no actual issue of nuisance.

The acts of alleged quoted by you are common incidents of life that occur in every household localities and as such these acts cannot be termed as nuisance. 

The court cannot order your neighbors (not to wash clothes, not to talk, not to keep motor pump, not to drive vehicles, children not to play, and cleaning of utensils).

These are normal life activities in our society and cannot be termed nuisance. 

With due regard, respect and care for your parent’s health, I suggest you to change your residence to a different (peaceful) locality of your choice.

Best regards.,

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     19 June 2010

there no legal solution in concrete.u may go for simple solutions ie. first take lightly the facts then counterattck them. secondly if it is their lifestyle and they are not doing purposely to trouble u then better change the residense.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     19 June 2010

If  courts start considering these trival issues as enforceable offences, then I doubt how the thousands of already pending cases of severe nature get decided.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register