LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aryan Soni   12 June 2018

Mutual divorce (3rd date)

My wife and I filed a mutual divorce petition in Feb 2017, which was mainly initated by her. However she missed two dates mainly to get her citizenship here in the UK (I am now a bitish citizen) and now on the 19th June we have our 3rd and final date for mutual divorce.

Is there a possibility for her to cancel the mutual petition and file a contested divorce against me on the same day?

She wants to take revenge, here's some background.... Since it was mutual I didnt bother about selecting the lawyer and I went ahead with a common lawyer who is her best friend.

We both live in the UK and I am a British citizen now, whereas she came to the UK after marraige. She was due to get her citizen ship in June 2018 - due to which she missed the divorce dates in Aug 2017 & Jan 2018 despite saying that she will come. Then in Jan'18 she blackmailed me by saying if I wanted to divorce I wiill have to give her the citizenship. I got upset as I was already upset living like this hence I notified home office that we do not live together (Legaaly I should have done it when we filed for a divorce but I gave her time to sort out her work/visa issue) She works in a highly reputed company who can sponsor her visa but she doesnt want a visa from them as she will have to wait for another 5 years on Indian passport.

She is annoyed that I let home office know hence in a revenge mode. We both are attending the court date on the 19th so I wanted to confirm if I should anticipate any negative tricks from her and be ready for it?

Appreicate your time

Aryan

Learning

1 Replies

Aryan Soni   14 June 2018

Can anyone please advice?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register