LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sridhar   16 March 2020

Legal heir missing in mother deed

In 1973, 'A' bought a piece of land 'L'.

In 1988, 'B'+'C' (and their minors) given the power to 'G' for the above land 'L' claiming 'A' passed away. There is no legal heir certificate or death certificate.

In 1999, using above land 'L' (and few more surrounding land) the layout was formed and sold. No DTCP approval, only local panchayath approval.

In 2016, person 'P1' bought a plot in the layout and sold to person 'P2' in 2018. Now I'm planning to buy this from 'P2'.

When I approached the lawyer (SBI panel), they rejected saying legal heir certificate missing in the mother deed. Is it ok to buy this land ? will there be risk?

Thanks for your inputs.

Learning

5 Replies

Sathish kumar (Student)     16 March 2020

You can approach a lawyer to see the documents to get legal opinion.. without seeing those we can't decide on... Regards C.sathish Kumar High court of Madras

Shashi Dhara   16 March 2020

Let G file declaratory suit in court with available documents and then after you purchase.it has already passed 20years in possession of G.

Shashi Dhara   16 March 2020

You contact civil advocate with available documents and take his opinion.all ready more then 30 years has been completed .

Prasad   16 March 2020

I hope this is in Tamilnadu. There is another thing missing if it is TN. Either DTCP approval is needed or regularisation must be made by paying development charges. Otherwise land will not be registered.

sridhar   17 March 2020

Thanks all for your response. this is really helpful.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register