LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samuel J   03 March 2019

Lease for two years, can tanent vacate by giving 3 montnotic

I am the tanent, I have taken a property for lease 2 years, in the agreement it was written tanent can vacate by issuing 3 months notice but owner striked and taken signature of my saying will not be able to give back the money in case vacate within the lease period .. Later started giving lot of problem like not giving water properly and supplying contaminated water ( my mother is sick after consuming this water), not providing parking space, etc.. Can issue i legal notice for 3 months summon them to issue the amount with in 3 months and will vacate?

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 March 2019

If there is a clause / condition stipulated in the "Rent agreement" the landlord can not compel you to stay for entire period of tenancy. Issue proper legal notice 4 months before intended vacation of the property.

However, the landlord can not stop water, electricity etc. that is your fundamental right. If s/he is or has stopped approach appropriate court of jurisdiction through a local prudent lawyer.

However, if you are located in Delhi/NCR and feel so, may contact me (on appointment) at:

Ch. No 647, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, New Delhi-110075                                        email: majjagdish@yahoo.com    Cell # 9891152939

Samuel J   03 March 2019

Loacted in Bangalore

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register