Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guest (advocate)     14 August 2008

Indemnity Bond

Hi,

I am working in a insurance company, I have one issue, one courier service company has misplaced our parcel which contained original policy documents, and the courier company also agreed its mistake in writing stating that, it is misplaced by its employees only. Now, the our company has to issue another policy document to the concerned, so, now we want to take one indemnity from the courier company for the future rivalrly claim against the lost policy documents. Can any body provide me the draft-indemnity bond in this issue. Please do the needful at the earliest. Plsssss

Learning

5 Replies

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     15 August 2008

Give me the details of the parsel such
as the docket number , the date of booking and the details of your
company as well as the courier company so that i can draft a bond for
you. You can contact me at s_bsst@yahoo.com or can call me at
94401-20259

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     15 August 2008

I give short draft as under:

We, the declarant M/s. ______  involved in business of providing Courier Services having its address as ______ and principle place of business ______ through its authorised person mr. ______ declare on solemn affirmation as under:

(1) that we have been assigned and given one parcel/packet containing Insurance Policy bearing No. ______ on ______ which was booked by us on ______ to be delivered to ____________;

(2) That due to oversight and by lapse of our employee the aforesaid parcel/packet which contained important insurnace policy documents have been misplaced or not traceable and all our efforts to find the same have now become unsuccessful;

(3) That, since the same is untraceable, we declare and state that whenever the same shall be traced by us and available, we undertake to return the same to insurance company M/s. ____________ forthwith;

(4) That, we hereby undertake, assure and state that no misuse of said document shall be made by us or any of our employee;

(5) That, on account of loss and being untraceable the aforesaid documents, if any loss or damage is incurred by Insurance Company M/s. ____________ and/or the beneficiary/s of aforesaid insurance policy, we hereby undertake to indemnify and keep indemnified for all the loss, damage/s of whatsoever nature with cost, risks and expenses.

(6) That, this Declaration-cum-Indemnity shall be binding to all our successors, employees, agents, executors and administrators.

Solemnly affirmed at ______ on this ______ day of ______ month year 2008.

signature of authorised signatory:____________

Witness:

(1) ____________

(name & Address) (he should not be your employee)

Before me:

S.A. Authority

Identified by me:

advocate

guest (advocate)     16 August 2008

Dear ArunTrivedi Sir,

Thanx a lot for sparing your valuable time for my querry and sending the draft indemnity bond, this one is more than enough for me to prepare as per our Company's requirement. Once again i thank u very much sir.

Preeti Amrut Bhandari (Advocate, Mumbai)     29 August 2008

Respected Arun Trivedi Sir, 

Good draft.  Great work.

StockMarket Guru (StockMarket)     02 October 2012

What is indemnity bond or letter of indemnity,why banks and post office required this?can anyone explain...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register