How do i force my sibling to sell my ancestral property?

We are two sisters. Both our parents have now expired. The house we live in, is in my mother's name, and hence shared equally between me and my sister. Both me and my sister are meagre earners and are in no position to buy back the other's share. It will also be very difficult to partition the said property physically as it is a small dwelling unit and the real value lies only in the land. My sister is refusing to sell the house, while I need money badly to buy a flat elsewhere with my share. I feel just a partition suit won't help me as no one will buy half of the land (my share) since the plot is anyways quite modest in size. So the only way is if my sister can be forced to sell the house, accept her share and relocate to a flat/house of her own. Please advise the options before me.


Is IT possible for you to find a buyer and sell your share.

Or approach court.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu