Gift deed from my father to me

My father wants to gift deed a property to me. The property is not ancestral property. This was self acquired by my dad though his hard work. This has been agreed by me and my brother.

I just want to make sure that i do not face any problems in near future. I want to confirm can this gift deed be challenged by my brother?

Practicing Advocate

Get the gift deed properly drafted and register it.


Sr. Manager - Legal

If gift deed is registered and so long as the property is self acquired property of the donor, you will not face any problem by your brother. As a safer side, take signature of your brother in the gift deed.
Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1.  IF the "Gift Deed", is duly registered, THEN "nobody) can challenge it, which includes any and all the family members, which includes the donor (father) himself.

2.  A duly registered Gift Deed, is a conclusive and non-revocable document.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu