Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajani Kanth (NIL)     22 July 2015

Finding difficult to recover home lease security deposit

Dear Adviser,

Background - Finding difficult to recover Lease Security Deposit

I am staying in leased house and lease got expired on 24-Jun-2015. I am not interested to continue further, since my family as grown and house has become too congested to leave. I had 4 rounds of cool and heated discussions requesting to return the security deposit but not succeeded yet.

I had given written notice on 22-April-2015 as 2 month advance notice of my decision to vacate the premises within 1 week of receiving full security deposit.

Landlord has given written reply to continue for 3 more years at the same lease amount.

Checking on the options available for my next steps and as following queries as well:-

1. Should I have to again send a written communication intimating of not interested to continue or can I keep quiet on his reply ?.

2. Owner is refusing to return the security deposit siting financial issues and says he is ready to face on all my next moves. What are my legal limits in harassing (heated arguments only) him to recover the money, since this has worked for other tenants in the past. Should i have inform local police station on the same ?

3. Lease agreement is signed on 200Rs estamp paper but not registered since landlord didnt agree for it at the time of renewal. Is this document valid to take legal route ?

4.Which office in Bangalore should i have file a complaint to recover my money ?

5.What is the minimum to maximum time frame it takes to get the security deposit through legal route ?

Thanking in advance for your advise

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     22 July 2015

Sir,

Intial step would be to send a legal notice and file a complaint for Criminal Breach of Trust. If he fails to pay the money even thereafter, file a suit for recovery and compensation for the harrasment being caused to you.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

1 Like

Ashok Kadam   26 August 2019

sab my family is rent about the same day.my new one garil see if we are looking for weddings.see call other people.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register