Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ankur (analyst)     18 January 2014

Earning through adult website illegal in india?

Hi everyone,

I need some legal advice.

I own a Adult website, And its a "Incest" tube website. (i know incest is illegal)
Thorough advertisement on the website i earn around 20K every month.
I get my earnings through Paypal by various adult advertising networks??
When i get my money in paypal i just shows the name of the adult advertising network, nothing about the kind of website i own and the content of my website.

My major question is , that whether earning money from a adult website is illegal or not in India.??
I dont want to get in trouble in the future when i have to pay taxes for this money i am earning, (I also have a job which pays me 40K, and with this 20K, i have to pay tax and i dont want to face any legal issues and most importantly i dont want my father to know i earn from a adult website)

Please help me.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Since you should be an internet expert please read the Dr.Prakash case who is Chennai Central prison for more than a decade.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 January 2014

If incest is illegal, then the business and the income so earned is also considered illegal. Even prostitutes earn income through soliciting, but it is illegal under ITP Act.  You decide about continuing it.

krishna (none)     29 April 2014

Hello Mr. T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate and Mr. N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha. Thank you so much for your valuable replies, But I have a quarry that if p*rn is illegal in India then how some big Indian p*rn sites like antarvasna.com and others are surviving and most important is that how do they manage their earning.. It's Important plz must reply soon.

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     29 April 2014

Means through prohibited ways is always illegal. If advice of experts is taken it is good for users or else to suffer as learned Advocate friends replied. 

krishna (none)     30 April 2014

@ shanmugam lakshmanan: Thank you so much for your kind suggestions but my question was not this.. please be specific while answering a thread.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register