LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kiran sankar nath (individual)     19 May 2014

Deficit stamp duty

deficit stamp duty already deposited with bank for rs 54000/- in december,2000 as per ld.court order after

calculation of market value of suit property by collector office.case is now at last stage. court once again

ordered for fresh market value of suit property to arrive present value of deficit stamp duty. is it justified to pass

such order while i deposited deficit stamp duty in dec,2000.case got delayed due to court"s negligence.

for which why i  should suffer.pl advice what shall i do now.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     19 May 2014

Once on market value you have paid the deficit court fee then court cannot direct to pay again.  Challenge the order in the high court

dear sir,

now it is the time to register deed.though i deposited deficit stamp duty in dec.2000registration of deed was not possible as case is pending for one reason to another due to passing of order of the court.now court directed to register deed with the condition to arrive fresh market value and fresh calculation of deficit stamp duty. my arguement is why court directed to deposit deficit stamp duty while case is pending. and when there is no guarantee of disposal of case by the court within specific time.so can i move to same court for amendment of order or shall i move to high court for suitable order .

dear mr rajeev.

court is asking for fresh market valuation of suit property and fresh calculation of deficit stamp duty.is it

justified while it is court"s obligation to register deed in my favour at the earliest i deposited deficit stamp

duty in dec,2000 as per court"s direction.delay for disposal of the case is court"s fault in my case.

pl advice what to do now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register