Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (Lead)     27 May 2012

Daughter's share in property after 30 years

Hi Sir,

My name is Vijay and working in an IT company. We are facing a pathetic situation from couple of Years. I agree that Right to Property for daughters is good but it will be when used for good cause and properly.

My grand father had 3 brothers (my father is one among them) and 6 sisters. All the sisters got married many years back and had grand children. My father's big brother died a decade back and his wife  is still alive with a married daughter. My father's small brother had two sons and one daughter. Three brothers helped in sisters marriages and also later taken care on every hindu traditional activities.

We did not do any partition thinking that we can do it when there is a need of so, couple of years back we decided to share the property between three brothers and unfortunately we got a hurdle in the form of the LAW we had for daughters.  They had filed a suit in the court saying that they had right to get the partition.

Among the whole property 70% of the property is still on my Father's grand father name and 30% is on father's father name which was bought on the profits earned by the 70% of the property. There is no will or documents for this.

Now if the partition happens for 9 members then we will be in great loss as we were depending on the property only from many years. All the sisters are in good position and given in good houses. Not sure how this LAW is doing justice when the brothers are going to loss.

Please suggest if still we have to accept sharing the property to all the 6 sisters.

Thanks,

Vijay

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register