LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhir   28 July 2015

Challanging will

My mother bought a flat in Delhi during 1995 with Agreement to Sell in her name and Power of Attorney in my name.

The flat was got freehold in 2012 and my name is still there as Attorney and her name as Purchaser in the Conveyance Deed. now my mother has made a registered Will (2013) in my name for this flat.

My mother has already given my brother's share by giving him a flat in his name. and my sisters have no issue with it as my mother will distribute her other properties to the sisters(2).

Now the question is whether the will made by my mother in my name for the flat we are residing is OK. whether any complication can occur after my mother demise? pls help

Learning

1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     30 July 2015

1.  A registered will is legally perfect.  BUT it can still be challenged on various filmsy grounds and create complications.  Further  the POA would lapse immediately AFTER demise of mother.

2.  Since you are the Power of Attorney (POA) holder, with the consent of Mother, you may execute a Gift Deed in your favor (or anybody), in the current date and be free from all future complications.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
READ ARTICLES ON: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register