Car registration in octroi-less zone


I am planning to purchase a car. I am a Central Govt servant staying in Govt quarters in Mumbai where Octroi is applicable. I have a flat (I recently got the possession) in Mumbai outskirts where Octroi is not applicable and it comes under different RTO. I have plans to put the flat on rent and I will stay where I am staying now.  In that case:

i) Can I register my car in my flat's address (because of price reduction for Octroi-less zone)? I am having agreement copy, electricity bill, possession letter, OC, receipt of society maintenance amount paid to builder (Till now society is not formed yet).

ii) In case I register the car in that flat's address and after some some if I sell my flat, then the address on my smart card will be invalid. Will that be a problem?

iii) In that case do I need to change the address in the smart card? At that time because of RTO change do I need to pay the full registration charges again to get a new number-plate? Do I need to pay the Octroi at that time also? Or will it be just a processing charge (may be around 1500-2000 for probably form no 33 or something like that)? For Central Govt employees is there any provision/rule that change of address can be done with less procedural steps?


Thanks & Regards,

A. Chowdhury




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu