LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev (12)     29 October 2014

Can we get audio conversation from mobile operators

I am fighting a recovery suit where I gave money to my friend but he is denying it. But still I called him several times and he accepted he took money from me when we are talking through mobile. Can we get the audio of the conversation between us legally through court. If that is possible one more doubt whether I need to pay any huge sum for getting the audio from the mobile operator

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     29 October 2014

I think it is not possible to get audio conversations from the mobile cos.,

neha chamaria (self employed)     29 October 2014

I am not a lawyer by profession, but I have a suggestion. Why don't you get a Call Recorder on your mobile? There are several free apps, such as Automatic Call Recorder. Once installed on your phone, all your call conversations will get recorded automatically. You can then save, transfer, and take backup of the recordings in a portable device. Just be smart enough to strike a conversation in such a way that his name, all details of the incident such as when, how much, where etc. he took your money and so on are brought up. Thanks! 

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     30 October 2014

Even mobile companies will not have the record of your conversation.  It is illegal for them to record conversation and intrude into the privacy of its subscribers unless directed by Govt., authority in respect of particular calls put on surveillance.  

Mr. Neha's advice is the best solution if you need to depend on recorded conversation to expose your friend.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register