Can sale agreement of property be altered by issuing amendment letter to sales agreement?

Management Consultant & Social Reformer

I have entered into a sale agreement  of my flat in rajasthan with one person who is also a tenant presently ,against lease rent deed.

He now wants the registry done in name of his wife  due to lower stamp duty ,interest rate and some schemes of bank which is normal practice

bank wants sales agreement in her name to give loan in her favour or atleast fiorst name of her .

Can I just issue amendment letter to the sales agreement mentioning both husbands and wife name as second party i.e. (buyer) on first page and also entering a clause  that I have no objection if sale deed is made in favour of any of the two or jointly.

The bank is asking for fresh agreement in favor of his wife.But tenancy agreement is in favor of the husband and I dont want to create two agreemnts on same flat in two different persons names.For obvious reasons.

So can I issue amendment letter including his wife name as second party (buyer) and mentioning that any of the two jointly or separately can enter into sales deed.and avail  loan faciltiy against the property if required

what is format of amendment and will any stamp be required or simple amendment letter duly signed and counter signed by both husband and his wifewill suffice.


Dear Querist,

contact the registrar if he had such power or not, generally such alteration or addition is made with the help of court case seeking such relief as stamp dity to the government had already been paid but for other persons such addition or alteration is not possible. feel free to call if any doubt




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu