birth certificate

If a person born in house and no birth registration ,after 70 years can he get birth certificate thru court and what cost will incurred

Within 1500rupes to obtain birth certificate in advocate charge as per his grade.

Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh

Birth Certificates are not sold in the Courts so further question does not arise. 


If such oldman has no birth certificate in any of his documents including school, voter card, AADHAR Card, Ration Card, Old Age Pension Card then he has no other option but to self declare his date of birth by way of his affidavit which can be got prepared within the cost of Rs. 100/-.



To get birth certificate, you can apply to District Magistrate/Collector to make order certificate... For that you need 1) your leaving certificate 2)affidavit of your mother/father / uncle/aunty or elder brother, sister (any one) stating your birth date and year 3) your family ration card 4) your photo. If your town has one window system you will get the proper procedure. You may get the order from JMFC at your town by doing same procedure. After getting the order, you need to produce the same at municipal where you will get Birth Certificate.
You can submit your academic certificate for that purpose. Usually your 10th standard certificate would suffice.

If that is not accepted, you can get some affidavit from a notary to get a proof for your Date of Birth.

Total likes : 1 times

Retired employee.

The laid down procedure and documents to be submitted may vary from place to place and the certificate has to be issued by Registrar of Birth who sits in Municipality/Corporation office.  Notarized affidavit with two signatures of Gazetted officers is a must in addition to qualification certificates and fees prescribed for issuing such certificates.  The laid down a time frame for issuing such certificates on receiving prescribed application with full documents is 7 days under citizen charter.


Do you really need your birth certificate at this age ?

Approach the Deputy Commissioner of the district through local Patwari, where you were born.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu