Adoption of step son by step father and name change process

Hi, Am a mother of 12 year old son, am legally divorced and remarried , now my current husband wants to adopt my child to give his name, what is the procedure, is it mandatory to take my first husband's concent in this, when am the mother of the child is alive. Do we need to change the name of kid in his caste certificate and birth certificate. & school records. As the child has the same caste certificate as mine and my current husband belongs to different caste. I belong to hyderabad ,Kindly suggest the procedure's and help me

Best Regards,

Read more at:


Are you and husband HIndu?

If yes: Go thru: Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act of 1956.

If Muslims, Parsis, Christians or Jews :go thru: Guardian and Wards Act of 1890




Go thru:

Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children, 2015 ‚Äč - 2015


You will need permission. Its his child afterall!!!


Yes Correct , but then the child is my kid as well . he clearly mentioned in the divorce decree saying that the whole and sole responsibility of child will be mine and no where he is responsible for it . so with regard to this is it mandatory to have his consent for my current husband's adoption process.

next as am legally married now ,my current husband will be called  as a  legal step father to my son am i right, so how do i do the surname change of my kid in the birth certificate or caste certificate.

Please suggest !!





Delhi High Court
Teesta Chattoraj vs Union Of India on 30 March, 2012


Gujarat High Court
Amruta Vijay Vora vs Union Of India (Uoi) on 23 July, 2003




I felt very sad after reading your story God may help you. I am handling the business of essay writing service reviews uk and if you need any kind of help from me I can provide you. So don't be shy ask me whatever you want.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu