Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran Kiran (TL)     04 May 2016

Adopting my brother's son

Hi,
My brother has a son, I dont have a son. now that only one son is there in my complete family I want to adopt my brother son. My brother and my self will be spending half half amount towards his growth in son's life. I will be giving my property share as well to him. how to bind legally that My brother's son is for both my brother and my self. what is the legal document that we can prepare for adopting. Son will be under both of them.
Kiran

Learning

9 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     04 May 2016

Sir, 

Once the child is adopted it becomes the natural born son of the perosn adopting him. So, whatever you are seeking will be mutually done and not on the basis of any legal document. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

https://wordpress.com/stats/day/kapilchandnaadvocate.wordpress.com

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 May 2016

I am in agreement with the expert.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     04 May 2016

Legally once adopion is completed by adoption deed then that boy will be treated as your Natural son he will get all his rights from you and he will lost his all right from your brother, it means legally you can not adopt him 50-50%, for that you can make a simple agreement, act and follow that honestly .

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 May 2016

More than the adoption deed, it is necessary for a valid adoption that the requisite ceremony needs to be performed.

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     05 May 2016

Permission of biological father need to be taken before anything else.  If biological father's permissoin is not there, forget legal adoption.  Without legally adopting the kid, you will be inviting legal problems in the future, this holds good for all the parties involved or not involved.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 May 2016

If registration is not done does not oust the adopted son from being a son or so.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 May 2016

" My brother's son is for both my brother and my self."

are you joking.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 May 2016

comments of Mr P Venu are relevant at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Adopting-Brother-s-Son-597191.asp#.VyvkkSFMzwo

Dr Martin Campbell (Doctor)     06 May 2016

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar
" My brother's son is for both my brother and my self."

are you joking.

Sudhir ji,

I suppose the querist is the biological father and his brother is the name sake father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register