LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Titus (Executive)     19 June 2015

498a withdrawal

Wife filed 498a in 2005. Husband and mother arrested and the case is under trial for the past 7 years. Now all the depositions, questions all got over. The current stage of the case is that the husbnd side should file written arguments and then judgement. At this stage the wife says that she is going to withdraw the case. No reasons known. Is it possibe at this stage?

Learning

6 Replies

VJVJVJVJVJ (Professional)     19 June 2015

It is not possible to withdraw 498A case. It is non compoundable at present. Only way is to go to high court after both parties agree to end the matter and get the case quashed. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 June 2015

Non-Compoundable: A non-compoundable case, e.g. Rape, 498A etc, cannot be withdrawn by the 
petitioner. The exception is in the state of Andhra Pradesh, where 498A was made compoundable. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2015

Originally posted by : ramachary64@gmail.com
Non-Compoundable: A non-compoundable case, e.g. Rape, 498A etc, cannot be withdrawn by the 
petitioner. The exception is in the state of Andhra Pradesh, where 498A was made compoundable. 

agreed

Vidya (ss)     21 June 2015

well said ramachary garu.

my question is now Telangana and AP DIvided since it is only applicable to AP or as common high court applicable to Telangana as well?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 June 2015

all laws applicable in Andhra before division continue to apply opn telangana.

Neha shinde   23 June 2015

Hello sir, I am neha from pune. I filed 498a case against my husband and his family. Now I want to withdraw the case back. I am pregnant and don't want to pursue this me and my husband we are ready to compromise. But my husband. Lawyer is saying that you need to file divorce then you can take case back. However what I was been told I can compromise. In front of judge and take the case back. Me and my husband is confused. We both are depress. And chargesheet not yet submitted. Please help me out

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register