LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arvind Sehdev (Advocate)     03 May 2012

498a complaint in police station



One of my client (in karnataka) received a call from a DSP (punjab police) that a complaint against him has been filed by his wife and which contains words likes dowry, acts of DV, etc. Now I would like to ask what should be our course of action ??

Time period of marriage: 8 years. Currently there is just a complaint in the PS. No FIR has been filed until now.

Now my cdourse of action should be :

1. Anticipatory Bail ?

2. Notice Bail ?

3. Kindly Suggest......


 3 Replies

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     03 May 2012

Interesting. even I would like to know.

**Victim** (job)     03 May 2012

From my personal experience the reason FIR is not lodged is because either your clien'ts inlaws wants to make settlement in police station itself so that matter doesn't go to court or may be the inquiring officer didn't came to your client to make First Information Report. I think your client should seek anticipatory bail and let the matter go to court i am 100 % sure she can't prove that your client claimed dowry and then later on she might have to approach court filing different cases. It's up to your client what he wants to do....but first and foremost step should be anticipatory bail.

Vishwa (translator)     04 May 2012

May be the DSP is just after a bribe.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query