LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sravan Kumar (SSE)     07 September 2015

498a and onsite opportunity

Hello Experts,

 

I am working in a reputed software company in Hyderabad. 

My wife has filed 498A, DV cases on me and my family members one year ago. Case is still pending in court and didnt come to hearings yet. She haven't filed any maintanance case yet, and not coming for compromise. I am not going to live with her anymore becasue of her mistakes. She just want to torture me without giving divorce. And I didn't file divorce yet.

I got an onsite opportunity to UK and mostly travelling will be between Dec2015 - Feb2016. Depending upon the project requirement i have to stay 1-2 yrs in UK.

But my wife will try to stop me from going abroad if she comes to know about it.

What are the possibilities that she can stop me and how can I get rid of that. Do i need to request court for permission?  What type of requests it would be? 

Please help me, because every software employee has a dream of Onsite opportunity.

 

 

Thanks,

Sravan Kumar. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Learning

 9 Replies

Mohana Varma (FAMILY COUNSELOR WOMEN EMPOWERMENT TRAINING TECHNICAL CONSULTANT)     08 September 2015

Shravan, it is always better to keep the court informed about the chances you have. if the court denies you can always ask the higher courts for relief... even in the current cases of DVC & 498A you can seek relief through a squash from high court if you have any valid points against your wife. Please do consider another vital issue that the embassies might turn down your request if the case is pending and that there was an arrest... Check up for a possibility of counselling through court by a professional.. this would be beneficial... or reach for an out of court settlement to conclude the issues...
1 Like

(Guest)

NOthing to worry, you may just carry on with your work and go onsite.  But dont tell this even to your lawyer, but ensure that he will take long dates during the periods where you are out of the country.

1 Like

rajendra (na)     08 September 2015

Did u got AB?if yes any conditions mentioned in the bail?

Chargesheet filed?

 

Sravan Kumar (SSE)     09 September 2015

Hi rajendra,

 

i haven't got AB, i was in ps for 1 day and next day i got normal bail in court. charge sheet is filed in favor of the girl. Court hasn't taken my Passport and on bail there are no conditions except signing in PS till charge sheet is filed.

 

 

Thanks for the reply.

Sravan Kumar (SSE)     09 September 2015

Hello Mohan and Gyan prakash,

 

Tthanks for the reply, but both the replies are opposit to each other. I am confused whether to take permission from court or not to inform.

 

 

Thanks.

 

 

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     09 September 2015

As the court has taken cognizance of the case and granted bail, you are required to take permission from the court to go abroad. If you file application and say to the court that you would be abroad for about 2 years, court will not grant permission. Without informing to the court, if you leave the station, then when the case starts, the court will cancel your bail and take proceedings under section 82 cr.p.c. What are those proceedings, you better ask your advocate.
1 Like

rajendra (na)     09 September 2015

you can give power of attorny to your advocate and tell the cout wen its required you will appear for enquiry.......

Also court can't stop you from doing your job.....

chargeheet need to filed at the earliest.......

1 Like

Sravan Kumar (SSE)     09 September 2015

Hi Rajendra,

 

Charge sheet was filed after 4 months of my arrest. And for next visit court is calling all the members in case (A1 toA5). May be hearings will start afterwards. Is it good to take permission before hearings ?

Thanks.

 

 

SuperHero (Manager)     09 September 2015

@Sravan - This is all nusiance and non sense. They may not agree for 1 lakh, then increase the price to 2 lakhs they will fall some where. Then compromise and go for MCD.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query