LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramsh (engineer)     10 July 2012

498a after divorce

Whether ex wife can file false cases of 498 or Dv or any other case after passing divorce decree in court.


 4 Replies

Ramu Medaboina (legal officer)     10 July 2012

yes, if you obtain decree in ex-parte, if it is contested divorce.... then no problem


498A can be filed after marriage subject to the limitation period.

1 Like

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     10 July 2012

If the allegations pertain to period when she was married to you, and it has not been 3 years since then then she can file such a complaint, however it would be very feeble. In cases where complaint as regards allegations have been made even after 3 years of happenning - court has the power to condone delay. 

1 Like

Ramsh (engineer)     20 July 2012

Dear Bharatji

As per your reply, Any ex -wife can file any case of any allegation regarding matrimonial dispute (498A/DV..) even within 3 years after passing the decree of divorce ( mutual or contested). Please confim.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query