LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

498A Chargesheet

I was charged in a 498A case and had secured a bail from the district court in July this year and the other family members had secured a stay arrest from the high court. The chargesheet in the case has not yet been filed.

Now I have received a call from the DSP to meet him in the police station as the other party is pressurising that I have not returned the streedhan which is not true. I have a question that If I join the investigation at the police station can I be arrested as I have a bail in the case but my parents do not have a regular bail but a stay arrest from high court. The stay arrest do not include section 406 as this was not being included in the FIR. If now the other side pressurise the police to include this section will the bail become ineffective as this section is not covered by the bail order.

what is the best way to face the police station as the police would be on the other side due to which we have been called after 3 mths of facing arrest for investigation.

Learning

2 Replies

Kiran (Consultant)     16 September 2010

I suggest you to go for Quash petition in High Court under Section 482 for the 498-A case. There is no rule to give back Streedhan to wife. If at all you have taken any Streedhan then they should file appropriate petion in Court and Court should decide if it is true or not.

Police do not have any rights in between. This is a drama which they are playing.. So be careful and act accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register