Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pls help soon (asst manager)     17 October 2013

498 a

Dear All,

Married on 17/05/2010,  I have been charged with 498 A along with my mother and younger brother on 13/03/2012  i.e. almost 1.5 years back. Since then me and my wife are staying separately. All three of us got anticipatory bail from high court on 24/12/2013. No FIR has been lodged yet , it is a complain case filed directly in the lower court. 

In the lower court the case is in the status of  "Evidence before charge". Simultaneously, I have filed for Quashing in the High Court on 03/02/2013 but till date no hearing took place. 

Now, my wife and in-law's want to compromise i.e. they want some amount and divorce. My wife don't want to live with me at any cost. By, seeing the sufferings of this last 2 years , I also want to get separated. But, the conditions that they are imposing are somewhat confusing.

They said that , my wife will make a statement before the lower court that both of us want divorce so till the finalisation of our divorce, the matter (498a) can be stayed at lower court. And once the divorce decree is passed and the amount (alimony) is settled, then she will withdraw her 498a. 

So, I want to know, the correct (safe) process of settlement in my case as I fear that if after divorce whether she can still continue her case against me , even after signing the MOU in the mediation centre, and after giving her statement before the judge of lower court.

Also, is there any other legal way left with me other than to compromise, because my advocate has told that the case of my brother may be quashed but there is very little chance in case of mother.

Pls guide me.

Learning

4 Replies

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     17 October 2013

Originally posted by : pls help soon

Dear All,

Married on 17/05/2010,  I have been charged with 498 A along with my mother and younger brother on 13/03/2012  i.e. almost 1.5 years back. Since then me and my wife are staying separately. All three of us got anticipatory bail from high court on 24/12/2013. No FIR has been lodged yet , it is a complain case filed directly in the lower court. 

In the lower court the case is in the status of  "Evidence before charge". Simultaneously, I have filed for Quashing in the High Court on 03/02/2013 but till date no hearing took place. 

Now, my wife and in-law's want to compromise i.e. they want some amount and divorce. My wife don't want to live with me at any cost. By, seeing the sufferings of this last 2 years , I also want to get separated. But, the conditions that they are imposing are somewhat confusing.

They said that , my wife will make a statement before the lower court that both of us want divorce so till the finalisation of our divorce, the matter (498a) can be stayed at lower court. And once the divorce decree is passed and the amount (alimony) is settled, then she will withdraw her 498a. 

So, I want to know, the correct (safe) process of settlement in my case as I fear that if after divorce whether she can still continue her case against me , even after signing the MOU in the mediation centre, and after giving her statement before the judge of lower court.

Also, is there any other legal way left with me other than to compromise, because my advocate has told that the case of my brother may be quashed but there is very little chance in case of mother.

Pls guide me.

@ querist  both of you should sign a MOU prepared by a good lawyer.

PL. refer SC judgement in Ruchi agrawal case for points to be incorporated in MOU.

You can easily get all cases quashed in HC if she  unilaterally goes back on terms of agreement.

regards

ASHOK

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     17 October 2013

nothing left to add, Mr Alok rightly advised

pls help soon (asst manager)     17 October 2013

Thank U all for your suggestions, But personally I don't want to give money, but since my family members are also a party to this case, so that is forcing me to back out.

Anyways, can you experts provide me some draft copy/points of a MOU that can save my future.

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     18 October 2013

If you are able shell out your time with the decent English you also have the ability to spend to the lawyer who could draft. Bring the draft copy attach this here the members would suggest you what to include and what to delete.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register