LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bilal Akhthar (pharamcist )     28 March 2012

138 act

TOok personal loan from Barclays bank given the blank cheques to them they present the cheque in bank now i got the summon need to present in court tommorow beofre going to court wht precations i need to take please reply thanks

Learning

5 Replies

pervez (adviser)     28 March 2012

Dear,

The offence is compundable [ can be settled outside the court]... .... You can neither deny the liability nor signing of cheques, even if signed blank and long back ... your liability can not be extinguished ....... If u have funds, better to clear it off  to get out of it .... regards

amlendu kumar (partner)     29 March 2012

dera sir,

i have given 10 undated cheque of 1 lakh each to a company( garment) as a security deposit. when i closed the business with the company then the company produced the cheque in bank . the cheque bounced due to insufficient funds. and then they sent me a legal notice asking me to give them the amount. but according to them our business statement which was sent earlier shows that i do not owe money from them.

in this case what can i do regarding this. because i got the notice from the court now regarding sec 138 ni act.

can you please tell me if company misused my cheque and harassing me. what action can i take against them.

i am from different state and it would be very expesive to go all the way and defend them.

please guide  

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     29 March 2012

Berkalys bank people are making lot of mistakes in filing cheque cases , if you contest properly you can come out of it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register